Moving forward

Sometimes I feel as though I need to pinch myself - everything in my life is so great at the moment I sometimes can't believe how lucky I am. I no longer allow people in my life who take more than give or who poison my outlook. I don't look back on the past - I move forward.

A year ago I didn't know what was going to happen with my job, relationship, or anything else. I wouldn't say I know what is going to happen in the future either, but right here, right now, everything is marvellous. The tablets seem to have cut out the migraines which have given me the ability to live a normal life again, not living in fear of another attack. And I've successfully pulled off a career change in the middle of a recession.

My family really kept me going through the tough times and I hid myself away from the rest of the world really, my beautiful sister and my little nephew especially kept me going. I never knew I could remember so many nursery rhymes!! So thank you to them and love them loads.

Also it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, having someone who loves me for who I am and doesn't try to change me, means the world to me. Boyf pushed me when I felt like giving up and said beautiful things when I felt worthless.

So, today, I have a great job with colleagues who I get on with like a house on fire, love, and a life where I can buy the things I want - in moderation!- go for coffees, cocktails, and dance till my feet hurt. Because for me, that's what makes me happy.

Comments

Popular Posts