The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

Having just joined blogger.com I thought I would write and introduce myself...

I'm a 5'2 1/2 26 year old from Somerset. I love being short, it means you can squeeze through crowds without anyone really noticing and before anyone knows it, you're getting served at the bar first, heeey! But as my boyf is 6'2 we probably look a bit of a freakshow. Ah well, freaks are much more interesting.

I moved up North in 2000 to study Imaginative Writing, English Literature and Cultural History at Liverpool John Moores University. I had the time of my life, and made so many friends who I never would have met if I hadn't gone to uni. However it was probaaly one of those degrees where you finish and go hmmm, what next?! Luckily I had a trick up my sleeve, going on to study at JMU for an MA in Information and Library Management. It was pretty full on and I made amazing friends on the course who I'm still in touch with five years later.

After that I worked in public lbraries for five years. Most of that was great and I managed to build up some fantastic contacts in the North West arts scene. After a number of short term/temporary contracts, I had enough of not having a permanent job where I knew I could relax about having regular money coming in, and went for a change in career.

I now work for the goverment - not going to disclose which department or where to protect them and myself - and I can honestly say I have never been happier. My colleagues are lovely, the pay is enough to live on, and the work keeps me busy - there's never a moment where I have nothing to do.

I also have a lovely boyf who makes me happier than I've ever been and we have just moved in together. We have been together for nearly 2 years now and, as I'm sure some of you know, after being with a total loser for too long before that, it is a real revelation being in a relationship that is equal and to be treated with the respect and kindness that anybody deserves.

I have also just had a poem published in 'Homage to Cheshire' edited by W. Terry Fox, Cheshire Poet Laureate. The launch was on Thursday and it seems as though my dream of being a successful poet is within my grasp. As a lot of my writing is poetry I thought this would be a great outlet for my prose and musings on life! Also as I am away from my family it should be a great way of keeping them up to date.

Well, coffee beckons. Will post more soon.
Mwah!
x

Comments

  1. Of course it is in your grasp hun! You've made the first step, now just go for it! Have you checked out Sally Quilford's blog? She is a write but she has a competition calendar on it, including a lot of poetry comps. Might be worth a look x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts