Absent hearts

I've been missing a lot of people recently. My parents, my sister, my gorgeous nephew, and too many friends to mention. It's less than 3 weeks now until I see my family again, but still it's hard sometimes. I am one of many people who have their friends and family scattered throughout the country and the world.

If I couldn't keep in touch with them by letter/phone call/text/email/social networking I don't know how I'd cope. I really don't know how people coped without all these ways of keeping in touch. Sometimes that doesn't make it any easier though, sometimes seeing pictures of my nephew doing yet another new thing just reminds me of all that I'm missing.

I miss hearing my nephew say 'TT'(Auntie Katy) in his cute voice. I miss looking at my sister when I see someone wearing inappropriate clothing, and knowing that she's thinking the same thing as me. I miss going for walks with my Dad early in the morning.

I miss watching my Mum put on her make up. I miss my little cousins singing songs about pooh and toilets. I miss my family's hugs.

I could go on and on. It's funny how you don't always miss people in the ways you think you will, you miss them in other ways instead.

So what's the solution? I sometimes envy people whose friends and family all live in the same place. But then I'm sure if I did I would soon feel sick of them, it's not that I don't love them, I do. But absence really does make the heart grow fonder. I wouldn't be happy living where most of my family live. Somehow I don't think a campaign to move them all up North will work either. I love the North West, and they love the South West.

20 days and counting..

Comments

  1. Hope you had a really great catching up with your family! I have raelly enjoyed reading your blog!

    Having been hundreds and thousands of miles as well as half a mile away from my family it strange, and I really believe that absence does make the heart stronger. Whilst with them you sometimes can't wait to escape for a little bit of me time, but once you have had it you you can't wait to see them again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts